Meetings for Learning are usually held monthly in the Meeting House upstairs library. They start at 10.00 prompt, and end at 10.45 so Friends can then go to Meeting for Worship. Everyone is welcome. Just turn up in time for a 10am start, prepared to be stimulated, challenged or informed – or all three!
All are Welcome
Do we value equally, but maybe differently, all within our Meeting? Do we offer a welcome to all that is helpful? Are Friends able to express their difference with others in the Meeting? These questions and others can be part of this Meeting for Learning led by Sue Tuckwell. We will learn from sharing together.
We’re not planning a Meeting for Learning in December, as Sundays that month are busy with other activities.
Ideas for topics in 2020 are very welcome. Here are some suggestions for starters:
- What does it mean to be an Elder with Oversight?
- What does it mean to be a Sanctuary Meeting?
- Quaker testimonies in the 21st century – we could make this a series, focussing on one testimony at each Meeting: peace, simplicity, truth, equality, sustainability
- Mental health in Meetings
- Helping people with dementia
Let us know what you’d be interested in. Please get in touch!
Coordinator, Learning and Action Hub