At the Children’s Meeting in mid July, biscuits were made!
As requested, here is the recipe:
…”quick to bake, easy to make and can accommodate any number of cooks of varying skills”…
- 100g butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- You will need two baking trays.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /fan 160°C/ gas 4.
- Lightly butter two baking trays.
- Measure the butter into a bowl and beat to soften.
- Gradually beat in the sugar and then the flour.
- Bring the mixture together with your hands to form a dough.
- Form the dough into 16 balls about the size of a walnut and place spaced well apart on the prepared baking trays.
- Dip a fork in a little water and use this to flatten the biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes until a very pale golden.
- Lift off the baking tray and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
Jenni Harris, submitted by Helen Chambers