17 June 2018
- Sat 16 June, 10am-3pm, Area Meeting Day at Bedminster Meeting House, organised by elders and based upon the new resource ‘All Are Welcome’. Redland Meeting has been asked to reflect on two parts of this booklet: queries 2 and 9. Families are specially invited to picnic in the garden from 12 noon onwards. There will be a Scavenger Hunt and a first opportunity to meet our new Youth Project worker, Nicole Zographou. All-age worship from 2pm-2.45pm. Business meeting from 3pm.
- Sat 16 June, 6pm, Film Club at Redland MH, with sharing supper after the film. All welcome.
- Sun 17 June, 10am, Meeting for Learning in the Library, Roger Sturge will speak on ‘Quaker Language’.
- Fri 22 June, CYP sleepover at Claverham MH, contact Cato Pedder and Tom Allport.
- Sat 23 June, 7pm, ‘The Refugee Crisis: a View from Europe’, public meeting at Redland Meeting House with Molly Scott Cato MEP and Imogen McIntosh (Aid Box Community). Printed flyers available, and you can register your attendance at
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-refugee-crisis-a-view-from-europe-tickets-46439319254 (Ctrl+click to follow this link). Sign-up list for helpers after MfW.
- Sun 24 June, 1pm, Quaker picnic at Bristol Refugee Festival, Queen’s Square (meet near Harbourside entrance). Bring and share, or buy food and drinks from stalls.
- Sun 1 July, 12.30pm, Local Meeting for Business.
- Fri 6 July, 2.30pm, Meeting for Worship at Avenue House.
- Sat 7 July, 2-4pm, Summer Tea at Avenue House – with steel band, delicious tea and launch of 2018 annual magazine.
- Sun 8 July, 12.45, Redland Green Park, Redland Picnic following All-Age Worship. There is an interesting playground for children of all ages. Bring food, drink, chairs, rugs, cushions…
Other news and events
- Mon 18 June, 7.30pm, University Multi-Faith Chaplaincy, 1 Woodland Road BS8 1TB, Nuccia Zanesi speaking on ‘Allies with Jews against Anti-Semitism’, a new perspective on a current problem. Avon CCJ (Council of Christians and Jews) event.
- 12-22 June, 10am-4pm Monday to Friday, at Park Street entrance to Bristol City Hall, Bristol Refugee Artist Collective’s residency with exhibition and art table activities.
- Sun 24 June, pm, free Refugee Festival event in Queens Square with music, stalls, speeches and Quaker ‘fringe’ picnic at 1pm: ‘Celebrating Sanctuary’.
Bill Thatcher requests the return of any non-essential MH keys to himself, to assist arrangements to cover for the wardens’ holiday during July.
This week’s appeal
- This week’s appeal – Kit Fotheringham for Young Friends General Meeting (http://yfgm.quaker.org.uk/)
Julia Bush, clerk, Redland Local Quaker Meeting. Please send notices for next week to her by end of Friday, and include ‘Notices’ in the email subject line. If you would like to receive a copy of the Notices by email, let Julia know.
MH = Meeting House; MfW = Meeting for Worship; AM = Area Meeting; LM=Local Meeting.
(At present, we do not usually include email contacts* on the Redland website in order to protect their owners from possible spam – you can find most in your Redland List of Members and Attenders.)
*exceptions may be made where an owner specifically requests inclusion